My map work with Edge and Firefox but does not load on Chromium based browsers

05-16-2017 06:59 AM
ValtteriAhonen
New Contributor

My map work with Edge and Firefox but does not load on Chromium based browsers. It worked fine a week ago and I haven't done any changes. I get this error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '_getInfo' of undefined. On another map it's same but '_surface'. Error occurs only on Chrome and Opera.

I tried on different computers and always error on Chrome. Worked fine before.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you'll need to provide more information - maybe a link you your app, or some code - before we can take a gander.

0 Kudos
ValtteriAhonen
New Contributor

I can't link to the app, it is not public. I have now found one machine where it works with Chrome so I guess it is not generally browser related after all (all browsers I have tried are up to date).

I'm using 3.18 (tried 3.20), map with one simple feature layer and customized renderer for colour. The error originates from init.js so not even from my own code.

I have to go throught the code to make sure I can share it. I'll provide more info or a solution if / when I can.

0 Kudos
ValtteriAhonen
New Contributor

Further testing: it seems to work on almost any computer with Chrome. I tested with two different HP Zbook G3 / win10 and it just does not work on those. On my computer (zbook) it works if I run Chrome in compatibility mode (win7).

0 Kudos
ValtteriAhonen
New Contributor

Hmm. It would seem that the api has completely stopped working for me on chromium based browsers. Below is a simple test that only displays the Esri logo for me. No errors (only "[Violation] Added non-passive event listener to a scroll-blocking 'mousewheel' event --" but I don't think that has anything to do with this). Works fine with Edge.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<title>Esri test</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="https://js.arcgis.com/3.18/esri/css/esri.css" />
</head>
<body>
<div id="mapDiv"></div>
    <script src="https://js.arcgis.com/3.18/"></script>
    <script>
        var map;

require([
          "esri/map",
          "dojo/domReady!",
        ], function (Map) {

map = new Map("mapDiv", {
                basemap: "streets-navigation-vector",
                center: [24,24],
                zoom: 6
            });    
        });
    </script>
     </body>
</html>
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Valtteri,

I am running a HP ZBook 15 G3 and that exact code works fine in Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit).  Does that code work if you do not use a Vector basemap? Are you running the html from the file system or a web server (i.e. file: or http:)?

0 Kudos
ValtteriAhonen
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply! As a matter of fact, when I change the base map to "osm" both my actual application and that code above work fine. In my application I use gray-vector and streets-navigation-vector. Both worked fine before on any browser.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Both worked fine before on any browser.

Fine before what?..

0 Kudos
ValtteriAhonen
New Contributor

That is what I'd like to know. I'm not entirely sure when the map stopped working so it's hard to pinpoint. Maybe after the Win10 Creators Update?

0 Kudos
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

Vatlteri, can you check the network inspector in dev tools, or maybe with Telerik Fiddler (my recommendation - Fiddler - Free Web Debugging Proxy - Telerik ), to debug the web traffic? Is there a proxy set in Chrome, by chance?

0 Kudos