Mapview Attribute Store errors going to browser console [infinite loop]

04-10-2020 02:02 PM
davetinkle
New Contributor III

Using 4.14 API, I find immediately after calling buffer, I see about 20 errors per second reading "[esri.views.layers.2d.features.support.AttributeStore] [mapview-attribute-store]: Encountered an error during client initialization"

what's even more alarming: when I navigate away from the offending page & onto one that has absolutely no references whatsoever to the 4.14 API, the errors keep racking up! it's as if there's an open connection that won't resolve, and instead pumps to my console what is effectively a DDOS attack. The only way to get it to cease is to close my browser.

Logging off will NOT stop the flood!

What could be the root cause of this?

36 Replies
AndrewMurdoch1
Occasional Contributor II

Awesome, thanks for  your help

0 Kudos
mgeorge
Esri Contributor

Andrew Murdoch‌ I just installed a fix into our 4.17 dev branch, which seems to at least fix my repro. I'll let you know when that get's pushed to /next. 

AndrewMurdoch1

Sweet!  Is there a way to get this pushed on to 4.16?

0 Kudos
mgeorge
Esri Contributor

Sorry Andrew Murdoch‌! I would like to say yes, but this isn't the kind of thing we usually backport (that's mainly reserved for browser breaking changes that prevent earlier versions of the API from working)

AndrewMurdoch1

I tested out 4.15 and it seems to be working perfectly fine, so I'm not sure why that is but I haven't had a problem all day with it.  I see a lot of errors but they're not breaking anything so that's good enough to bridge until 4.17

0 Kudos
mgeorge
Esri Contributor

4.17 is releasing very soon. This seems to be a race condition, so slight differences in timings (from misc. code changes, etc) could all contribute to whether or not this happens in particular versions.  

AndrewMurdoch1

That's my thinking, so if I don't run into any issue tomorrow with it then we'll mark is "solved", because if it's not causing a problem then I can wait. 

0 Kudos