Mapview Attribute Store errors going to browser console [infinite loop]

04-10-2020 02:02 PM
davetinkle
New Contributor III

Using 4.14 API, I find immediately after calling buffer, I see about 20 errors per second reading "[esri.views.layers.2d.features.support.AttributeStore] [mapview-attribute-store]: Encountered an error during client initialization"

what's even more alarming: when I navigate away from the offending page & onto one that has absolutely no references whatsoever to the 4.14 API, the errors keep racking up! it's as if there's an open connection that won't resolve, and instead pumps to my console what is effectively a DDOS attack. The only way to get it to cease is to close my browser.

Logging off will NOT stop the flood!

What could be the root cause of this?

36 Replies
StefanUseldinger
Occasional Contributor II

I am experiencing

[esri.views.2d.engine.webgl.mesh.templates.WGLTemplateStore] [mapview-template-store]: Unable to fetch requested texture resources

with IE11 since 4.15

The WebMap does not load the Feature Service items to the view.

Test page: here (Esri NL data, hosted on ArcGIS Online) or here (my data, hosted on my Portal)

0 Kudos
StefanUseldinger

Esri now lists this behavior as a bug:

• BUG-000130303: PNG symbols for PictureMarkerSymbol do not display in Internet Explorer 11.
0 Kudos
davetinkle
New Contributor III

I have tried multiple times for multiple days to visit your link to the bug, but it will not resolve. Has this been rescinded or promoted? Can you confirm similar behavior when you click the link? Thanks.

0 Kudos
StefanUseldinger

Here's an example using a sandbox: JSFiddle 

0 Kudos
davetinkle
New Contributor III

ok, but that has nothing to do with the bug you posted.

please respond to my specific question, so i can understand what you're trying to state.

thanks.

0 Kudos
AndrewMurdoch1

I have this exact same problem / error:

[esri.views.layers.2d.features.support.AttributeStore]
e {name: "mapview-attribute-store", message: "Encountered an error during client initialization", details: e}
details: e
details: undefined
dojoType: "cancel"
name: "AbortError"
message: "Encountered an error during client initialization"
name: "mapview-attribute-store"

It just loads in an infinite loop.  Did you ever find out what the issue was, or find a solution?

Thanks

0 Kudos
davetinkle
New Contributor III

nope. you might have better luck on reddit.

seriously.

AndrewMurdoch1

Thanks for the reply

0 Kudos
ReaganSenoron
New Contributor II

Is there a solution to the bug? We have this problem too.