MapServer Query Request Out Fields

Jump to solution
01-16-2020 07:33 AM
GregoryBologna
Occasional Contributor II

I need an additional field returned using map server query form, but specifying both an out field and the Return Extents Only option to true results in just the extent returned.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UndralBatsukh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi there, 

What you are seeing is the correct behavior of returnExtentOnly operation. The returnExtentOnly response only includes the count of features within the extent and the extent of the features that would have returned by the query. Query (Map Service/Layer)—ArcGIS REST API: Services Directory | ArcGIS for Developers 

-Undral

View solution in original post

2 Replies
UndralBatsukh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi there, 

What you are seeing is the correct behavior of returnExtentOnly operation. The returnExtentOnly response only includes the count of features within the extent and the extent of the features that would have returned by the query. Query (Map Service/Layer)—ArcGIS REST API: Services Directory | ArcGIS for Developers 

-Undral

GregoryBologna
Occasional Contributor II

I see. Thanks for your response. I was hoping to use the out field as a callback to my request within a parallel process to manage query results. I was able to handle this in my js using an await\async.

0 Kudos