map.infoWindow marker symbol does not show up in JSAPI 3.14

09-28-2015 12:54 PM
BillyYancey
New Contributor II

I switched my JSAPI version to 3.14 and now, when I have point features selected, the symbol does not show up. It works fine if I only switch back to 3.12. It also works fine for the line features.

Interestingly enough, I could not find any of the samples in which point features are highlighted when popups are used on a point features identify style tool.

Here is the current symbol setup in case it it helps:

selColor = new esri.Color([0, 255, 255, 0.6]);
selLine = new esri.symbol.CartographicLineSymbol(esri.symbol.CartographicLineSymbol.STYLE_SOLID, selColor, 10, esri.symbol.CartographicLineSymbol.CAP_ROUND, esri.symbol.CartographicLineSymbol.JOIN_ROUND);
selMarker = new esri.symbol.SimpleMarkerSymbol(esri.symbol.SimpleMarkerSymbol.STYLE_SQUARE, 20, selLine, selColor);
mainMap.infoWindow.lineSymbol = selLine;
mainMap.infoWindow.markerSymbol = selMarker;
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
24 Replies
BillyYancey
New Contributor II

I think I have found the cause of the issue which is a bug in JS-API 3.14. How can I report and get this fixed? Any admins here?

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

To bring something to the attention of the JavaScript developers, it would help if you move this to the ArcGIS API for JavaScript​ space instead of the more generic Developers space. You can also use the @ symbol and start typing the name of one of the Javascript experts (like Bjorn Svensson​ orKelly Hutchins​) to bring this to their attention.

You should be able to log a bug using Esri's support page, logging in with your global account.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

To report bugs with the JSAPI please contact Esri Technical Support

0 Kudos
LauraMiles1
Occasional Contributor III

Did you get any resolution to this? I think I may be having the same issue in 3.15.

0 Kudos
sreeharikottoormadam
New Contributor III

I have the same issue with 3.15. Is anyone found resolution to this?

var pointHighlightSymbol = new SimpleFillSymbol(SimpleFillSymbol.STYLE_SOLID, new SimpleLineSymbol(SimpleLineSymbol.STYLE_SOLID, new Color([98,194,204]), 2), new Color([98,94,204,0.8])); 

var polyFillSymbol= new SimpleFillSymbol(SimpleFillSymbol.STYLE_SOLID, new SimpleLineSymbol(SimpleLineSymbol.STYLE_SOLID, new Color([255, 0, 0]), 2), new Color([255, 255, 0, 0.25]));

popup = new Popup(

{ fillSymbol: polyFillSymbol, markerSymbol: pointHighlightSymbol },

domConstruct.create("div"));

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

I created a quick test using a feature layer with points and a simple marker symbol and setting the popup to an alternate symbol worked for me in version 3.15.  Here's the relevant code:

var symbol = new SimpleMarkerSymbol({
              "color": [0,0,0,1],
              "size": 12,
              "angle": -30,
              "xoffset": 0,
              "yoffset": 0,
              "type": "esriSMS",
              "style": "esriSMSCircle",
              "outline": {
                "color": [255,0,191],
                "width": 2,
                "type": "esriSLS",
                "style": "esriSLSSolid"
              }
            });
            map.infoWindow.set("markerSymbol", symbol);

Here's a link to a js bin showing the working sample:

JS Bin - Collaborative JavaScript Debugging

LauraMiles1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Kelly, I tried this out but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. Here's a jsfiddle​

Edit: corrected the missing reference in the jsfiddle

0 Kudos
sreeharikottoormadam
New Contributor III

Hi Kelly, It is not working when combined with identify tool. I think the issue is with geometry to highlight the individual feature.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

There's a sample in the help showing custom symbology with Identify task. I tested it out and it worked just fine. In the example the fill symbol is customized because the geometry type being selected is polygon.

Display identify results in popup | ArcGIS API for JavaScript

0 Kudos