Looking to anchor a floating pane in the same position after it is closed

Jump to solution
05-05-2015 06:32 AM
IanPeebles
Occasional Contributor III

Hello everyone.  I have recently added a number of main toolbar tools to floating panes.  The user can click on an icon from the main toolbar, then the floating pane is activated.  When they close the floating pane, it appears again, but in a different position several pixels to the right and down and this behavior is repeated until the floating pane eventually disappears from the screen.  Below is a screen shot of what is happening.

Position #1 - after clicking on the icon from the main toolbar

FloatingPane_Position1.jpg

Position #2 - after closing the floating pane (when clicking on down arrow), then re-activating the pane by clicking on the icon.

FloatingPane_Position2.jpg

Position #3 - after closing the floating pane (when clicking on down arrow), then re-activating the pane by clicking on the icon.

FloatingPane_Position3.jpg

Notice how the position of the floating pane changes after it is opened then closed, then open again.

How can I keep it in the same position at all times?  Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Ian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

All that's needed is to add this to your css

.dojoxDock {
    visibility: hidden;
}

The JSBin example been updated: JS Bin - Collaborative JavaScript Debugging

View solution in original post

9 Replies
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Maybe this code posted by Ken Buja​ can help?

JS Bin - Collaborative JavaScript Debugging

0 Kudos
IanPeebles

Tim, thank your for your response, but that sample shows the floating pane minimized.  if you click the down arrow, it is mimized to the bottom of the screen.  I can close it completely, which is what I want, but I want it to re-appear in the same position when it is re-opened.

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

All that's needed is to add this to your css

.dojoxDock {
    visibility: hidden;
}

The JSBin example been updated: JS Bin - Collaborative JavaScript Debugging

IanPeebles

Ken, this seems to work great, but what if I want the floating pane hidden when the application is opened.  Basically, I want the user to click the button when they want to use the tool.  The on and off functionality works great as well as the hidden function.

We are getting close

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can set its initial visibility to hidden. JS Bin - Collaborative JavaScript Debugging

0 Kudos
IanPeebles

Ken, you are awesome!  Thanks for the help.  This sample is actually less code than what I have and it works well.  I am building new applications with a number of floating panes, so this really helps me out.  Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
IanPeebles

Ken, I noticed when you change to the 3.13 API that the Measurement Tool disappears from the floating pane.  Have you noticed the same behavior?

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

No, I hadn't noticed this. I'm not using the Measurement Tool in any of my applications.

BAXTERQ_ANDREWS
New Contributor III

Measurement tool is AWESOME!