Limiting access to layers within service

Jump to solution
01-27-2017 02:07 PM
Quynh_NhuMai
New Contributor III

We have published a number of services to be consumed by an arcgis javascript application. The services have been structured based on user access to the services.

For example:

Commune1_Water

Commune1_Communications

Commune1_Electricity

Commune2_Water

Commune2_Communications

Commune2_Electricity

The idea is that each service's data will only be accessible to a particular role (e.g. Role Commune1_Water will be able to access only Commune1_Water service).

Now, I've been running into some front-end issues with my layer list widget: users would like to be able to group the services by commune, but keep access limited by service.

My question: Is there a way to publish a single service including all three networks (water, communications, and electricity) and still be able to block access within the service? Currently, I block access via ArcGIS for Server, locking the services for particular roles.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor

So you want to have services Commune_1, Commune_2, etc with all three network layers in each service and still have layer level security?  The user/role-based security can only be set at folder or service level: Restricting access to GIS web services—ArcGIS Server Administration (Windows) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor

So you want to have services Commune_1, Commune_2, etc with all three network layers in each service and still have layer level security?  The user/role-based security can only be set at folder or service level: Restricting access to GIS web services—ArcGIS Server Administration (Windows) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Quynh_NhuMai
New Contributor III

Okay, I see...Yeah, that's how we currently set user/role-based security (at the service level). But, considering the difficulty i'm having with the otb layer list widget, I was trying to see if there was another solution. So if i'm understanding correctly, layer-level security is not possible?

0 Kudos
FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor

Not that I know of.

0 Kudos