Label Layer at 3.11 to detailed?

Jump to solution
10-31-2014 07:20 AM
TiagoRibeiro
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

The change on the Label Layer from 3.10 to 3.11 seemed to be a "famine to feast" change...

At 3.10:

310.PNG

At 3.11:

311.PNG

I understand that it is labeling every single polygon (although they correspond to one record), but is there a way to control this?

Thank you!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TiagoRibeiro
Occasional Contributor

Hi Wendy,

I stopped having this issue when I migrated to version 3.12. Don't know what you mean by "Maplex Label Engine" as I didn't made any changes to the code and am using the out of the box Label Layer class.

As I said this issue was resolved once I upgraded to version 3.12.

Thank you for your reply!

Tiago

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SamuelTroth2
Esri Contributor

Hey, it looks like your problem is the 'Label largest only' option. This option limits the labeling engine to only labeling the largest part of each polygon. Is that the case? What version of ArcGIS are you using?

0 Kudos
TiagoRibeiro
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply Samuel.

I'm using ArcGIS 10.2.2, but the labeling is being done by Label Layer class. Does this class looks into that option?

0 Kudos
WendyHarrison
Esri Contributor

Hi Tiago,

It looks like your label engine has changed from the Standard Label Engine in the top image to the Maplex Label Engine in the bottom image.

Wendy

0 Kudos
TiagoRibeiro
Occasional Contributor

Hi Wendy,

I stopped having this issue when I migrated to version 3.12. Don't know what you mean by "Maplex Label Engine" as I didn't made any changes to the code and am using the out of the box Label Layer class.

As I said this issue was resolved once I upgraded to version 3.12.

Thank you for your reply!

Tiago

0 Kudos