JSAPI 4.0 beta 1 released July 16, 2015

07-16-2015 07:21 PM
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

The first beta of the next generation ArcGIS API for JavaScript is now available.

ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.0 beta 1 - available today | ArcGIS Blog

Tags (3)
8 Replies
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Bjorn Svensson​,

Just looked at the blogpost and reading through the documentation, it looks all very exciting.

One thing I would point out as being important for long time developers is the following:

Prior to 4.0, you could use both AMD and legacy modules. Beginning with 4.0, support is only provided for the AMD model.

So everybody check this out   http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2013/10/14/the-abcs-of-amd/

Tim

RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

I am already trying to get pro scenes going so I can create 3D buildings.

Scene Layer | ArcGIS API for JavaScript

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Bjorn,

On thing I find annoying/different right off is that the map only reacts to the mouse wheel on the fourth click/roll of the mouse wheel. Where as in the 3.x API every roll/click of the mouse wheel caused a zoom in/out. Is this configurable somewhere and I am just overlooking it?

0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

Robert Scheitlin​ - that's a beta 1 bug in the MapView.  Try it in SceneView and you should see the behavior you're used to.

KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

That's still a bug in Beta 2

0 Kudos
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Am I missing something? Can you not add a kmlLayer in the 4.0 beta? I don't see KMLLayer as a layer type in the API reference.

0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

Steve Cole​ - you are correct, in beta 1, the KMLLayer isn't supported.  This is the first of several betas, and many classes are not yet available, but will be available in later betas.  As mentioned on the beta home page and the blog post - the first beta is primarily a developer preview with limited functionality.

0 Kudos
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Makes sense, thanks!

0 Kudos