JS API 4.11: [3D] No other line symbol style than solid ?

Jump to solution
06-03-2019 04:54 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The question is simple, 

how can I make a dashed or dotted line in SceneView ? I can't believe that there is not other symbol style than solid for 4.11 (so I must've missed something)

Thank you

14 Replies
RalucaNicola1
Esri Contributor

Hi Matthew, thanks for bringing this up! It's currently high up in our prio list, I hope it will make it in one of the next releases.

Lerman
by
Occasional Contributor

Hello Raluca,  we have also been waiting for this function to be implemented, and we need to visualize the line features in dashed symbols. Is there any progress now? Will it be implemented in version 4.20? Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
RalucaNicola1
Esri Contributor

Hey, not for 4.20 😞 but the good news is that we will work on it very soon. I'll ping everyone in this thread once we have it implemented.

0 Kudos
Razizaoe
New Contributor

We are also waiting for this Feature - or even better - picture line style - Some image that repeats on the line.. Our clients are pushing.. I've saw here  that we can create a route and the sketch editor is drawing a "dashed" line.. How is it done ?

GreteSoosalu
Esri Contributor

The pattern styles for lines in 3D are finally here!

With JS API 4.22 released this week, the 3D now supports the same set of styles as SimpleLineSymbol does for 2D. You can apply the new class LineStylePattern3D on a LineSymbol3DLayer or an outline of a polygon’s FillSymbol3DLayer. 

Check out more about the line patterns and other new features in our release notes for 4.22.