Issue in base height expression (ArcGIS Pro)

10-09-2017 03:27 AM
JayakumarKamalakkannan
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am setting base height expression in ArcScene and I am trying to publish the SXD in web using ArcGIS Pro it throws error that "invalid expression", even though the SQL expression validator doesn't through error. Kindly let me know how to solve this issue. For your reference I am attaching the screenshot of the expression which I set in ArcScene.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

did you type that expression? or did you use the calculator to select the Z field, the multiply and the 10?  I thought python was now used in Pro so I am surprised if the field isn't enclosed in double exclamation marks (ie !Z! * 10 )

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Since the expression was created using ArcScene, it must have used VBScript parser.

Think Location
0 Kudos
JayakumarKamalakkannan
New Contributor II

Hi,

Yes Vb script parser is used still it throwing error while publishing, please refer the attached screenshot.

Expression used :   *  10

screenshot

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

couldn't help but notice that the sliver of an error above the one you posted refers to an unsupported spatial reference... are these somehow linked? or was that for another scene?

0 Kudos
JayakumarKamalakkannan
New Contributor II

Hi Dan,

Sorry for the confusion I am sending the updated screenshot with issues. 

Issue:

I need to publish the SXD data in web for that I have used ArcGIS Pro 1.4 by setting the elevation as shown in the attached screenshot (using field "Baseheigth" , Field value also shown the screenshot) . While publishing we got the error "Layer uses an unsupported elevation setting".

Hope you understand my issue.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

can't find any examples of a negative extrusion to see if that is the issue

0 Kudos
JayakumarKamalakkannan
New Contributor II

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply , the reason behind the negative values is that,the data which I have  is borehole data. I need to render the points underneath of the surface. I am wonder it is accepting in ArcScene but not i ArcGIS Pro.

0 Kudos
JayakumarKamalakkannan
New Contributor II

Hi Dan,

Even positive value is also not working, it throws same error ("00236: Layer uses an unsupported elevation setting"). For better understanding of my issue I am attaching a screenshot.

0 Kudos