is there an identify tool?

Jump to solution
06-01-2016 08:07 AM
DanielSchatt
New Contributor III

hi all, I was just looking for a very basic "out-of-the-box" generic identify tool that displays all attribute data in a list when one clicks on a feature of a visible layer, just as in Desktop.  There was a tool like this in the Silverlight API and there was no customization or coding required other than calling the tool on the specified service.

But the esri JS samples I've seen, such as "Identify Features on a Map" and the various info windows and popups, seem to require that you customize the identify functionality for each layer with the fields you want to display and how you want the popup table or window constructed.  This would be quite tedious as I have about 30 layers with many fields in each.

So is there such a basic tool?  Thanks much for any help!

Dan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Dan,

No there is not any otb (non-coding) tool to call in the JS API. Popups or coding the IdentifyTask and then developing your own results display are your main options in the JS API,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Dan,

No there is not any otb (non-coding) tool to call in the JS API. Popups or coding the IdentifyTask and then developing your own results display are your main options in the JS API,

0 Kudos