Internal Server Error. Wait time of the request to the service ** has expired

Jump to solution
08-21-2013 12:57 PM
ElizabethDonahue
New Contributor III
I have in inelegant javascript .asp file that is working only occasionally - most times I get the 'Internal Server Error. Wait time of the request to the service ** has expired' error msg.

This was working well until we upgraded to 10.1 sp1. I have tried various js versions and have restarted the service and the server and these have not fixed the issue.

I have attached the code that used to provide four nice drop down menus and three radio buttons to choose from. Now the source code shows the correct selections but the features are not rendered on the map.

I have attached the .asp code in a .txt file - Are there any glaring errors? Should I spend more time trying to fix this or should I just abandon and try geoprocessing on Flex?

Thanks,

Beth Donahue
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ElizabethDonahue
New Contributor III
The request timed out because there were over 2 million records to search through. I created a much smaller table and the requests are being returned swiftly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ElizabethDonahue
New Contributor III
The request timed out because there were over 2 million records to search through. I created a much smaller table and the requests are being returned swiftly.
0 Kudos
LindsyHales_Bentley
New Contributor III

I am receiving the same error, but my table has 116 records.  Are there any other tips for what may be causing this? Thanks!