Initialize UniqueValue renderer with 3 fields

Jump to solution
08-23-2019 02:58 AM
SirishByreddy
New Contributor III

I am using ArcGIS JavaScript API 4.12 version.

I would like to initialize UniqueValue renderer with 3 fields. But .createRenderer supporting only one field.

// visualization based on categorical field 
var typeParams = { 
  layer: layer, 
  basemap: map.basemap,
  field: "Party" 
// field2: "State",  // it is not supporting
// field3: "County"  // it is not supporting
};

// when the promise resolves, apply the visual variables to the renderer 

typeRendererCreator.createRenderer(typeParams) 
  .then(function(response){ 
    layer.renderer = response.renderer; 
});‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

Any advise please.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KristianEkenes
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sirish,

The example given above can be accomplished using an Arcade Expression, but I'm not sure it gives a useful result because our color schemes contain a maximum of 10 colors for unique values before the colors start repeating, and if you accept the default max number of types of 10, then you will potentially get a lot of values that don't belong to a category.

The Arcade expression is:

var fields = [ $feature.DOM_CROP_ACRES, $feature.STATE, $feature.COUNTY]
Concatenate(fields, ", ");

Here's an app that demonstrates this: https://codepen.io/kekenes/pen/qBWRMGR?&editable=true&editors=100

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Sirish Byreddy,

Isn't it just the case that you want to have 3 different renderers? One for party, one for state, one for county?

In that case you will have to repeat your code three times.

Please let me know what you think.

Egge-Jan

0 Kudos
SirishByreddy
New Contributor III

Hi Egge-Jan,

I want to create one Unique renderer with 3 fields.

Thanks

S B

0 Kudos
KristianEkenes
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sirish,

The example given above can be accomplished using an Arcade Expression, but I'm not sure it gives a useful result because our color schemes contain a maximum of 10 colors for unique values before the colors start repeating, and if you accept the default max number of types of 10, then you will potentially get a lot of values that don't belong to a category.

The Arcade expression is:

var fields = [ $feature.DOM_CROP_ACRES, $feature.STATE, $feature.COUNTY]
Concatenate(fields, ", ");

Here's an app that demonstrates this: https://codepen.io/kekenes/pen/qBWRMGR?&editable=true&editors=100

SirishByreddy
New Contributor III

Hi Kristian Ekenes,

Thank you very much for the help and i am getting Uniuevalues for multiple fields.

Correct it is giving only 10 colors and im trying to assign each unique value feature with unique color (between user choosen "from color" and "to color" ex: AlgorithmicColorRamp)

Appreciate any hints on the colorramp.

Thanks

S B

0 Kudos
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Yeah, that's what I thought: if you concatenate the three values Party/State/County, then every county should get a unique color. So, I supposed that you wanted to visualize either the party or the state or the county...

E-J