how to DEFINE layer correctly? 3D Editor widget does not show the ROTATION & RESIZE HANDLES.

Jump to solution
06-06-2021 05:59 AM
MichaelLev
Occasional Contributor III

In Web AppBuilder Custom Widgets group, I published this question -

how to DEFINE layer correctly? 3D Editor widget does not show the ROTATION & RESIZE HANDLES.

since we created a feature layer with 3D Ploygons, but the 3D Editor widget does not display the resize and rotation handles.

Help will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SaschaBrunnerCH
Esri Contributor

Hi Michael

The line and polygon transformations in 3D got introduced with ArcGIS JS API Version 4.19:
Release notes for 4.19 | ArcGIS API for JavaScript
If you would like to have the handles for polygon you need to upgrade.

To check out how it looks like with 4.17 you can modify the sample in the sandbox: Sandbox: widgets-editor-3d (arcgis.com) and change to 4.17.
For ObjectSymbol3DLayer | ArcGIS API for JavaScript the handles for resizing and rotation are available since version 4.15 with introducing Editing in 3D: Release notes for 4.15 | ArcGIS API for JavaScript.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SaschaBrunnerCH
Esri Contributor

Hi Michael

The line and polygon transformations in 3D got introduced with ArcGIS JS API Version 4.19:
Release notes for 4.19 | ArcGIS API for JavaScript
If you would like to have the handles for polygon you need to upgrade.

To check out how it looks like with 4.17 you can modify the sample in the sandbox: Sandbox: widgets-editor-3d (arcgis.com) and change to 4.17.
For ObjectSymbol3DLayer | ArcGIS API for JavaScript the handles for resizing and rotation are available since version 4.15 with introducing Editing in 3D: Release notes for 4.15 | ArcGIS API for JavaScript.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
MichaelLev
Occasional Contributor III

Dear SachaBrunnerCH,

Indeed I found it by trying to set 4.17 in esri example.

So I upgraded my WAB to 2.20 that uses API 4.20.

Thank you.

0 Kudos