How to add previous geoprocessing service task result to a geoprocessing task in the same GP service?

02-04-2019 06:15 PM
TessOldemeyer
Occasional Contributor

I'm hoping to filter my results from the first task of a GP service with a subsequent task in a GP service (e.g. using table view or select layer by attributes then deleting rows to filter out unwanted rows). What is the best way to go about this? The first task relies on user defined data. Can I use the 'share as geoprocessing service' option and add results to the service, or do I need to build a single script to run as a tool, then share that tool as a GP service?

Thanks in advance,

Tess

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SimonSuo1
Esri Contributor

There can be multiple tasks under the same geoprocessing service. Just like there can be multiple layers under the same feature service. Adding a task to a geoprocessing service—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

0 Kudos
TessOldemeyer
Occasional Contributor

Thank you so much for the response. Do (or can) the subsequent tasks in a GP service rely on outputs for the previous tasks in the GP service? I'm hoping to have a GP service with multiple tasks run a job using all of the tasks consecutively using one user defined input (e.g. Task 1: Run a GP tool using user defined input, Task 2: using the result table from Task 1, remove unwanted records via Table to Table tool to produce a final output table).

0 Kudos