How to Add A Layer?

Jump to solution
04-09-2016 01:30 PM
EricBianchi1
New Contributor III

Hello,

So I am in the process of making a map that has interactive capabilities and operates through a website. Right now I have the website, and the esri base map (open streets) is all that is on there. The website is essentially just the map. I am using the arcGIS javascript to upload the map and the coordinates and extents etc. A screen-shot is shown below. 

I need help with adding my layer to the map. The layer is compatible with arcGIS and esri, and I can add it the map editor, as you can see here... The rest endpoint data was obtained through a link.

->How do I add this layer to my web map? 

Thank you for taking time to read my query, and I appreciate any insight, help, instructions, or links that may help in my pursuit to make this work.

Bonus question:

*** I want the user to be able to filter the data, is there a way to make certain kind of buttons that have a predetermined filtering function, that would filter multiple things at once. Say we have a visitor, and they want to see only spots visitors could park, I want them to be able to press 1 button and have the map filter in a way that has been predetermined. So how can I get these filter options to show up on the map?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EricBianchi1
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
6 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Eric,

Have you gone through the sample JavaScript code here:

Feature Layer (basic) | ArcGIS API for JavaScript

This may help answer the first part of your post.

There is some code regarding to filtering here:

Using QueryTask, Query, and FeatureSet | Guide | ArcGIS API for JavaScript

EricBianchi1
New Contributor III

Thanks for your response,

I just so happened to find that same link in my search today.

So yes, I have tried, here is my code.

It doesn't seem to want to add my layer.. or am I missing something?

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hmm, do you get an error or anything? Have you tried playing around in the Sandbox and changing some variables here and there to make it work?

ArcGIS API for JavaScript Sandbox

EricBianchi1
New Contributor III

Adrian,

I was able to get the layer to work after some research.

Thanks for all your help, you definitely kept me in the right direction.

Eric Bianchi

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I am glad some of that was helpful! If you can, can you post your final code to show how you get it to work?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
EricBianchi1
New Contributor III

Yes,

Here it is

0 Kudos