High quality basemap printing

06-06-2013 06:36 AM
MikeKillion
New Contributor II
Hello all,
I've been working with the tutorial on basic high quality printing which uses a subset of the World Topo basemap in vector format. My questions are: Is the whole dataset available somewhere in vector format for high quality printing? Are any of the ESRI basemaps available for this kind of use, or will I have to come up with my own basemap?

Thanks,
Mike
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor
my understanding is that the data is not available in vector format (as it is licensed from a variety of sources).  are you seeing problems with print quality when working with them as ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayers?
0 Kudos
MikeKillion
New Contributor II
The basemap is a little fuzzier than I'd like (for example, the "Pawnee River" text in the attached pdf). Just wondering if there's anything that can be done to improve it or if this is the norm.

Thanks,
Mike
0 Kudos
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor
our basemaps look clearest at the exact scale levels at which they were cached.  because of this, you will get the best results in print output if you ensure that preserveScale is set to true within your PrintTemplate (as opposed to prioritizing a matching extent).
0 Kudos