HI everyone, I want to know, where is the configuration map in webappbuilder? Because,I have to make a widget to consult the layers in the map.

Jump to solution
10-06-2016 05:50 PM
RolandoFlorez
New Contributor III

I want to access to that information.

I need the information about layers to make a search module based on those layers. The user typing and automatically filters the query. That is the operation

The map has three layers (maybe private from the organization).

thanks for any help

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rolando,

When developing custom widget for WAB the basewidget class provides access to the map object by default:

Access a map—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

You probable want to look at this tutorial about creating a custom widget:

Create a custom in-panel widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developer... 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rolando,

When developing custom widget for WAB the basewidget class provides access to the map object by default:

Access a map—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

You probable want to look at this tutorial about creating a custom widget:

Create a custom in-panel widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developer... 

RolandoFlorez
New Contributor III

Hi Robert 

That was really useful, I did it. But I found that the LayerInfos class can be useful (based on AttributeTable widget).

So, I need more samples of use this class, but I don't know where is it.
Can you help me?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rolando,

You can look at several existing widgets that use that class:

Select widget

Query widget

Search widget

eSearch Widget

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Don't forget to mark this question as answered by clicking the correct answer link on the reply that answered your question.

0 Kudos
RolandoFlorez
New Contributor III

Sorry Robert, 

I need to ask you one more thing... The class XxxFeatureAction derive from BaseFeatureAction.
Can you explain me about isFeatureSupported and onExecute function?

How can I send data ( a featureSet.fields.values() ) from this class to Widget.js.

This line make that:

myWidget.showVertexCount(featureSet.fields.values());

in Widget.js 

showVertexCount: function(count){
this.vertexCount.innerHTML = 'The vertex count is: ' + count;
}

this method receives that information.

I've been trying to print that but it shows me null. I don't know why. 

Do you understand me?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You need to branch your supplementary question to a new one and mark Roberts previous submission correct.  In this way a question remains concise and searchable and extra content doesn't get lost