Graphics appearing above or below the basemap

Jump to solution
12-30-2020 06:40 AM
rogenjh
New Contributor III

Running into a weird issue I was was wondering about. Is there any way to adjust whether the graphics of a feature layer appear above or below the basemap? We're looking to implement a gray-vector map, but currently city names are appearing above the symbols. I noticed that when I change the style of basemap, this issue disappears.

Is this something I can adjust?

rogenjh_0-1609338454821.png

rogenjh_1-1609338489195.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnGrayson
Esri Regular Contributor

Some basemaps are designed with the labels as a separate reference layer, meaning they will appear above your operational layers.  One option for this use-case is to not make them a reference layer, which you can do in your specific Web Map in both the Map Viewer and Map Viewer Beta when authoring your map.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JohnGrayson
Esri Regular Contributor

Some basemaps are designed with the labels as a separate reference layer, meaning they will appear above your operational layers.  One option for this use-case is to not make them a reference layer, which you can do in your specific Web Map in both the Map Viewer and Map Viewer Beta when authoring your map.

rogenjh
New Contributor III

Thanks so much! Super helpful. I was using the default basemap, but I'm going to go back in next week and update to the Webmap like you say!

0 Kudos