Get selected Features in LayerView

02-16-2022 03:46 AM
WUE_BARAL
New Contributor II

I am currently developing 2 widgets in the Experience Builder. In one of the two widgets I have implemented the Esri search widget and mark the feature in the LayerView via the search result. Now I would like to use the other widget to react when a feature layer is selected and then read it.

Is this somehow possible I have already looked in the Map, View, Layer, LayerView to see if it is possible to read the currently selected features but so far I have not found anything.

The whole thing I had already managed via the popup but I would like to deactivate the popup.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BlakeTerhune
MVP Regular Contributor

Check out the documentation for the Search widget. There are some properties and events that get the selected result. The select-result event seems easiest:

const searchWidget = new Search();

searchWidget.on("select-result", function(event){
  console.log("The selected search result: ", event);
});
0 Kudos
WUE_BARAL
New Contributor II

Yes i allready have a simular line of code in Widget A and with the result of the search i highlight the features.
But now i want to get these highlighted features in my Widget B. There i dont have access to the search or is this also possible?

I also noticed that i have autoSelect set to false because i dont want the search widget to zoom on the result. 
In this case the select-result event doesnt work.

0 Kudos
BlakeTerhune
MVP Regular Contributor

You could either save the result from the select-result event to a global variable or call the selectedResult property from your other widget.

0 Kudos