FeatureLayer symbol cut off after change of attribute

02-05-2021 12:42 PM
ScottMcEachern1
New Contributor

I upgraded an existing Angular app to version 4.18 of ArcGIS Javascript from 4.14 and have experience an issue with the refreshing of FeatureLayer with the new version.

The app contains a FeatureLayer that is created with client side graphics. This layer uses a unique value renderer.  Based on some user interaction, an attribute in the feature layer is updated which results in a different symbol being displayed.

The issue is that the symbol is now cut off (see image below).  It appears that the FeatureLayer uses a tile system and it only updates the dirty tile.  The issue is that the symbol goes beyond the dirty tile.  The symbol appears after the user zooms in or out.

ScottMcEachern1_0-1612557473633.png

Any known solutions to this behavior?  Such as expanding the dirty area?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mgeorge
Esri Contributor

Hi Scott, can you try /next (https://github.com/Esri/feedback-js-api-next) and see if that fixes your issue? We made a few changes to the way we handle updates for marker boundaries, which should hopefully help with this.

Or if you can provide a repro, I can take a look.

0 Kudos
ScottMcEachern1
New Contributor

Thanks for the information.  I've added in a task for our next sprint here to test out the beta of the API to see if it resolves the issue.  I'll update this thread with the results.

0 Kudos
AmarG1
by
New Contributor II

Hi, This is happening in 4.19 version as well. Any resolution? You can find a sample in Images chopped when using Class Breaks Renderer / ... - Esri Community.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
mgeorge
Esri Contributor

@AmarG1I responded on that issue. I think that one's probably limited to applyEdits (and therefore slightly different), but I'll double check.

0 Kudos
SimonGIS
New Contributor III

Is there a workaround or resolution to this in the upcoming 4.21?

We have discovered a related issue with 4.20 and CIMSymbols failing to render correctly, and parts of the symbol are chopped off.

This happens when rendered using a unique or SimpleRenderer:

CodePen

SimonGIS_0-1628581905400.png