FeatureLayer Promise Doesn't Resolve

Jump to solution
12-12-2017 09:56 AM
JaredGasco
New Contributor II

Hello All,

I'm creating FeatureLayer objects from SubLayer objects in order to use them as sources in a Search widget. One of the FeatureLayer objects seems to work properly as a source while the other two don't. I originally added them as sources without using the then method callback on the FeatureLayer objects. I then tried adding them within the then method callback and none of them got added because the Promises never resolved. I then wrote some test code with a completely different MapServer and the same thing happens.

Does anyone know why the FeatureLayer Promise isn't resolving?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UndralBatsukh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jared, 

Looking at your code, you are not adding the featureLayer to the view so it is the developer's responsibility to load the layer. Please take a look at the doc for the FeatureLayer.load():

https://jscore.esri.com/javascript/latest/api-reference/esri-layers-FeatureLayer.html#load 

fl.load().then(function(){
 console.log("layer loaded");
});

Hope this helps,

-Undral

View solution in original post

4 Replies
UndralBatsukh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jared, 

Looking at your code, you are not adding the featureLayer to the view so it is the developer's responsibility to load the layer. Please take a look at the doc for the FeatureLayer.load():

https://jscore.esri.com/javascript/latest/api-reference/esri-layers-FeatureLayer.html#load 

fl.load().then(function(){
 console.log("layer loaded");
});

Hope this helps,

-Undral

ThomasSolow
Occasional Contributor III

The Feature Layer won't attempt to load unless you add it to the map or manually load it.

So try returning new FeatureLayer({ ... }).load(), or add the Feature Layer to your map before returning it.

I should note, I'm not sure if a sublayer in a MapImageLayer can be a FeatureLayer.

KristianEkenes
Esri Regular Contributor

I should note, I'm not sure if a sublayer in a MapImageLayer can be a FeatureLayer.

You can use any feature service or map service endpoint as a data source for feature layer.

JaredGasco
New Contributor II

Thanks everyone. Invoking the load method before the then method solved my issues.

0 Kudos