FeatureLayer not showing image in Internet Explorer 8 or 9

02-22-2011 09:39 PM
JoseSousa
Esri Contributor
Dear ArcGIS Javascript API Team,

I have configured a secured MapService with a single layer (Picture Marker Symbol) using the proxy page from Esri.

I have configured everything as told on the Javascript documentation about the proxy and if I use the mapservice as an ArcGISDynamicMapService it works fine and the proxy is triggered correctly.

When I create a FeatureLayer pointing to the map service layer and add it to the map, I have realized that Internet Explorer 8 or 9 cannot show the images (Base64). The proxy page is being triggered and I believe is missing something in the response code.

Google Chrome shows perfectly well all symbology.

Can please someone provide me guidance on this?

Cheers,
José Sousa
0 Kudos
25 Replies
__Rich_
Occasional Contributor III
Has anyone found a solution to this IE8 issue?  I am having the same trouble trying to display a featureLayer that are points (polygons and lines work like they should).  I am getting all of the data returned from the server but all that is being displayed is a hollow square in place of the point symbol.  I am using simple points.  I have tried the solutions found here but none work.  Everything works as it should in IE9, Firefox or Chrome.

Are you going through a proxy to communicate with AGS?
0 Kudos
DonCaviness
New Contributor III
I have a proxy set up to be used if necessary but I'm not explicitly forcing any of the calls to go through the proxy.  When I monitor the http calls, the proxy never gets called from any browser, even the ones that the code works with.  I am using secure services by the way.  Why would I be able to display the polygon and line symbology but not the point symbology, with or without the proxy?
0 Kudos
__Rich_
Occasional Contributor III
When I monitor the http calls

Excellent - can you capture the request URIs (and the HTTP headers etc.) and post them here?
I am using secure services by the way.

Not overly familiar with the process but I think the URIs will reveal the issue.
Why would I be able to display the polygon and line symbology but not the point symbology, with or without the proxy?

Some symbols can be rendered on the client, some need to be rendered (as images) on the server - sounds like your point symbols are the latter.  (depends on the type of symbol, the browser being used etc.)
0 Kudos
DavidAglietti
New Contributor III
Hello,
I was also having this problem whereby my featurlayer would not display in IE 9.   I tried the solutions above with no success.  However, setting the mode to ONDEMAND did resolve the problem for me.  BTW, I was not using a proxy.
David
0 Kudos
DanielMoldovan1
New Contributor
I have the same issue on IE8. It works on IE9 and other browsers. I'm using a proxy and I did apply the fix that was suggested and I can see using HTTPWatch that the image url that is used by the picture symbol goes through the proxy and is resolved. Still the image does not show up. I'm using the map in a ExtJS 4.1 window.
Anybody had any success with this on IE8?

Thanks,

Daniel
0 Kudos
DaveHighness
Occasional Contributor II
I applied sashom and sRoberts fix above and it worked. Had same problem, feature service symbols not rendering for secured service; IE 8, ArcGIS Server 10.2, ArcGIS Server Javascript API 3.6. Apparently ESRI has not seen fit to fix this in the API.
0 Kudos