Feature attribute update in 4.17

Jump to solution
10-15-2020 08:58 AM
MKY
by
New Contributor III

I'm using feature form to update attributes and it works fine in 4.16. I started getting an error after moving to 4.17. I can not make sense of the error. 

Uncaught (in promise) -- cannot read property 'length' of undefined.

Also, After some time the view becomes unclickable.

Please see the attached image for details

I have a sample in codepen https://codepen.io/markoskifle/pen/PoNzmpm?editors=1000  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HeatherGonzago
Esri Contributor

Just an FYI that this bug was patched and should no longer be happening when accessing 4.17.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
HeatherGonzago
Esri Contributor

Hi, I'm currently taking a look at this now and will let you know what we find ASAP.

Ok, so after some digging, this is definitely a regression (bug) that was introduced at 4.17. We are currently looking into the most feasible way to handle this problem. For now, my best suggestion is to stay at 4.16 for the time-being. We apologize for this and hope to get this addressed very soon.

Thanks.

ToddAtkins
Occasional Contributor

Exact same here. We also saw that eventually the browser (Chrome) would crash with an "Oh snap" error on the page.

0 Kudos
HeatherGonzago
Esri Contributor

We intend to patch this. The problem is not with the FeatureForm, but rather the data that it is using. 

The issue is that the featureLayer.applyEdits throws an error when service does not support f=pbf. Could you confirm if this is the case with the data you are using Todd?
0 Kudos
ToddAtkins
Occasional Contributor

Yes, we are observing this behavior on a service hosted on a 10.5.1 server that doesn't support pbf format.

0 Kudos
HeatherGonzago
Esri Contributor

Ok, thanks Todd. Yes, this issue has been addressed. We plan on releasing a patch this week. I'm not sure of the exact date yet. Once it is finished, we'll make sure to note this thread as well.

HeatherGonzago
Esri Contributor

Just an FYI that this bug was patched and should no longer be happening when accessing 4.17.

0 Kudos
MKY
by
New Contributor III

Thank you.

0 Kudos