exportImage with bounding box

Jump to solution
06-28-2021 11:30 PM
Sendhil
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am using the ArcGIS API for JavaScript for react. I am using an imageServer layer. 

I see on load there are calls made to "ImageServer/exportImage" with a bounding box parameter while loading , zooming the map.

I would like to understand why this call is being made , how can I avoid this call.

I was looking for some architectural documents to understand the behavior of the map viewer.

Thanks,

Sendhil

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ReneRubalcava
Frequent Contributor

You're right, it's not cacheable, but the bounding box defines how to clip the image. You can't get an image without it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ReneRubalcava
Frequent Contributor

The exportImage endpoint is how the image is queried to load in the map.

https://developers.arcgis.com/rest/services-reference/enterprise/export-image.htm

There's no way to avoid it while using an ImageService layer, it's how the image is displayed

Sendhil
New Contributor II

Thank you. Wondering why there is a request made with the bounding box.

Is the map viewer initiating this request?

Trying to avoid this call since this could be a non cacheable request / response.

Regards,

Sendhil 

0 Kudos
ReneRubalcava
Frequent Contributor

You're right, it's not cacheable, but the bounding box defines how to clip the image. You can't get an image without it.

0 Kudos
Sendhil
New Contributor II

Thank you.

I did try a sample from https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/latest/sample-code/layers-imagerylayer/ 

Intro to ImageryLayer | Sample | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.19

This has a simple call to the imageryLayer and I could see calls made to imageryServer/exportImage with bounding box parameter

Regards,

Sendhil

0 Kudos
jhonsnow
New Contributor

Howdy,

I'm also involving the ArcGIS Programming interface for JavaScript for respond. I'm utilizing an imageServer layer.

I see on load there are calls made to "ImageServer/exportImage" with a jumping box boundary while stacking , zooming the guide.

I might want to comprehend the reason why this call is being made , how might I keep away from this call.

I was searching for a few engineering reports to grasp the way of behaving of the guide watcher.

Much obliged,  best boxes

0 Kudos