ESRI Tailcoat CSS

Jump to solution
08-04-2014 02:23 PM
StephenSporik
New Contributor II

I found this page recently:  http://arcgis.github.io/tailcoat/      but the repo on GitHub, or the link to it, seems to be broken.  Is this something that ESRI is planning on making open to the developer community anytime soon?  I would be extremely interested in getting my hands on it and moving away from .claro.  I see that some of the boilerplate JS viewers available in ArcGIS Online are implementing the calcite.css, and would like to start exploring it.  Especially when trying to extend these application templates, to prevent collisions with other stylesheets.

Any info is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MathieuVILLEMONT1
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

According to Nate Goldman Joen Gravois tailcoat is not for public consumption and ArcGIS/tailcoat isn't a public repository.

Source : GitHub

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Stephen,

They must have messed up the github repository or they are not read to release it yet... Anyway I found a copy of the tailcoat.css you can play and experiment with.

https://github.com/Esri/solutions-webappbuilder-widgets/blob/279cd4da39ca98010e0694a626e654a99db4220...

StephenSporik
New Contributor II

Nice find Robert.  Thanks.  After looking over the tailcoat components and patterns pages, I'm even more eager to start working with it.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Stephen,

Glad I could help. How if you find a reply helpful than you can mark it as "Helpful". Here is how:

Click the "Actions" menu link on the helpful reply and choose "Mark As Helpful"

Helpful.jpg

0 Kudos
MathieuVILLEMONT1
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

According to Nate Goldman Joen Gravois tailcoat is not for public consumption and ArcGIS/tailcoat isn't a public repository.

Source : GitHub

StephenSporik
New Contributor II

Thanks for the link Mathieu.

I was confused why the landing page and documentation were public and the repo wasn't.  I poked around at FedUC last year and got the same response.  All is good now, the new dojo-theme-flat is making up for it.  Esri/dojo-theme-flat · GitHub

Kudos to Yiwei Ma

0 Kudos
MathieuVILLEMONT1
Occasional Contributor

Tailcoat has been replaced by Calcite Web | Esri Design Patterns

0 Kudos