ESRI JSAPI 3.13 not loading properly

Jump to solution
08-10-2015 12:27 PM
JoanneMcGraw
Occasional Contributor III

As of about 5 minutes ago, initialization of the ESRI JSAPI 3.13 is failing on http://js.arcgis.com/3.13/esri/tasks/PrintTask.js and resulting in an "Unexpected end of input." SyntaxError

Even going to that URL directly doesn't load the full file (or at least, not what I would expect the full file to be). It ends with ""extent":k.geometry=E.fromExtent(q.geometry).toJson(),d.feature"

Is everyone experiencing this?

Cheer,s

jtm

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoanneMcGraw

ah, the full http://js.arcgis.com/3.13/esri/tasks/PrintTask.js just came through and the apps are loading again.

Thanks to Chris Smith for the suggestion re: a local copy of the libraries.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

I'm getting the full file - it may be a CDN issue?

0 Kudos
ChristopherTotty
New Contributor III

We are also seeing this issue as well.  Our production site is using ESRI's CDN and is currently not functioning because of the problem.

0 Kudos
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

We have a production app using 3.12 and development app using 3.14 - both are working well. I am accessing from Florida... One thing I would recommend doing - download the JavaScript API and host it on your server. In case the CDN goes down, you can flip a switch and point to the locally-hosted API as a failover.

0 Kudos
ChristopherTotty
New Contributor III

Yep, for now going to try to just get a good copy of PrintTask.js from the API zip and add it in with our local modules, modifying the reference where we use PrintTask to use the local version instead.

0 Kudos
JoanneMcGraw

We are in Canada. So, perhaps only a Canadian issue. I'll call ESRI Canada...

0 Kudos
ChristopherTotty
New Contributor III

We are in US, so beyond Canada but still potentially only NA.

0 Kudos
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

I have had similar issues in the past - usually, by the time anyone notices, all is back and in working order!

0 Kudos
ScottDickison
New Contributor III

I am having the same problem with our JS applications. Our production, stage, and other environments use ESRI's CDN. I can go to the CDN in my browser and see the script there but they are not accessible by the applications.

0 Kudos
PhilReese
New Contributor II

I was having some issues with the 3.12 CDN, but they seem to have resolved themselves... I'd say it was down for about ten minutes.

0 Kudos