Esri font not found (API 4.14)

01-22-2020 12:20 AM
FreddyBroring
New Contributor III

In our webapplication, which is a custom dojo build with npm, we get the follwoing error: The TextureManager module is trying to download a font file from https://static.arcgis.com/fonts/verdana-regular/0-255.pbf but the response is a 404. The fontfile doesn't exist apparently.

Is there a workaround for this or even better: can ESRI put the requested fontfile in the right place?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ReneRubalcava
Frequent Contributor

Do you have a repro sample for when this error comes up? I'm not currently able to reproduce. I'm not sure where that font would be loaded from in the JSAPI. verdana is not listed at a supported font for labels.

Thanks

FreddyBroring
New Contributor III

Thanks Rene, you pointed me in the right direction. I found the cause of the error: one of our mapservices had labels with font Verdana. I changed the labels in the mxd to the Arial font and after republishing the error was gone. I will check all services for fonts being used.

0 Kudos
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Here is the list of Esri hosted fonts that you can consume in 4x applications:

Labeling | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.14 

Since version 4.8, due to our move to WebGL, fonts must be hosted in .pbf file format in order to be consumed. The above guide page lists all the fonts that Esri currently hosts.

FreddyBroring
New Contributor III

We will check our mapservices. Thanks!

0 Kudos