Elevation profile widget precision - decimal point round off

Jump to solution
06-02-2022 04:36 AM
vtey_esriau
New Contributor III

Hi and tagging @RobertScheitlin__GISP ,

We put a elevation profile widget for experience builder using 

https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/latest/api-reference/esri-widgets-ElevationProfile.html

vtey_esriau_0-1654169194553.png

and what we have encounter is the although the query from the elevation layer is returning z value up to 13 decimal point,

vtey_esriau_1-1654169287431.png

The chart is rounding the Z value to 1 decimal point. This end up with elevation profile looking like steps.

vtey_esriau_2-1654169350035.png

What we are after is very granular and detail elevation, rounded to 3 decimal point instead of 1 which would look like the below. 

vtey_esriau_3-1654169449140.png

I don't see any options to configure the chart precision. I have set the demresolution to the finest + tried 1m as well but I am still getting the rounding off to 1 decimal point, therefore steps in the elevation profile. The area we are looking at is flat (Farm land) and having these precision is important. Can anyone advise if there is a way around it or advise on any workaround

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vtey_esriau
New Contributor III

Sharing my experience. The elevation was published using lerc 0.0001 and that increased the granularity.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sorry I don't have anything to do with the Profile widget in Experience Builder. You will need to contact esri tech support.

0 Kudos
vtey_esriau
New Contributor III

Sharing my experience. The elevation was published using lerc 0.0001 and that increased the granularity.

0 Kudos