Display multiple simultaneous popups

09-19-2012 09:46 AM
nathanmanning
New Contributor II
Is there any way to display multiple simultaneous popups?

Thanks,
N
10 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
The Popup and InfoWindow only display one popup at a time. They are both capable of displaying information for multiple features but only one popup is displayed at a time.
0 Kudos
AnudeepGorantla
New Contributor

Is it possible to show  multiple features data in a single pop-up?

For example I have 3 layers on click shows 3 pop-ups instead of that I need a single pop up with 3 layers data?  

0 Kudos
StephenLead
Regular Contributor III
The Popup and InfoWindow only display one popup at a time

Hi Kelly,

I suspected that but couldn't find any documentation to back it up. Perhaps the InfoWindow page could be updated to include that?

It's kind of hinted by map.infoWindow which says "Displays the InfoWindow on a map" but I can't see any explicit mention of the fact that only 1 infoWindow is supported on the map.

Cheers,
Steve
0 Kudos
__Rich_
Occasional Contributor III
Any reason why you couldn't just instantiate your own Popups/InfoWindows?  (rather than using the single instance attached to the map)
0 Kudos
Salomon_VágadalJoensen
New Contributor III
Any reason why you couldn't just instantiate your own Popups/InfoWindows?  (rather than using the single instance attached to the map)

This.

The InfoWindow is just a single div attached to the map. I'm sure it would be easier to call several divs outside of the map div, but as an overlay, or something.
0 Kudos
__Rich_
I'm sure with a little bit of thought you could parent them to the map container and thus the pixel space values would all be correctly relative etc.

Should be straightforward.
0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
You are right Steve this info should be in the documentation. I'll work on adding a sentence or two to the doc to make this clearer.

Nathan - can you tell me a bit more about your use case? Why do you want to display multiple popups? How will users interact with the map to display the popups (clicking a feature, drawing a rectangle)? More details may help us come up with a way for you to display this info.

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

I suspected that but couldn't find any documentation to back it up. Perhaps the InfoWindow page could be updated to include that?

It's kind of hinted by map.infoWindow which says "Displays the InfoWindow on a map" but I can't see any explicit mention of the fact that only 1 infoWindow is supported on the map.

Cheers,
Steve
0 Kudos
DavidMcGill
New Contributor
http://onthemap.ces.census.gov/em.html?goback=%2Egde_53689_member_134270054

This site has multiple pop up info windows that stay until click the X to close them. hope it helps.
0 Kudos
BillDaigle
We abandoned ESRI's infoWindow awhile back. As a replacement, we've been using dojo floatingPanes.  You can use as many you need and the user can move them around the page.

Here is an example if you're interested:http://fwp.mt.gov/gis/maps/huntPlanner/
0 Kudos