Difference between Date Format on AGOL Map and embedded map on website

08-07-2019 04:06 AM
BrendanCunningham1
New Contributor III

I have a web map in AGOL where the date attribute is set to display at DD/MM/YYYY. When I test this in AGOL it works fine. However when I use the JS API V4.12 to embed the web map onto my website it reverts to the default date format, MM/DD/YYYY.

See attached.

Does the popup date format need to be forced to DD/MM/YYYY in the embedded map using JS, if so how is this achieved?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BenElan
Esri Contributor

You can use a Popup Template: PopupTemplate | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.12 

To specify a date format: FieldInfoFormat | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.12 

Here is an example of how to create and use a popup template: ArcGIS API for JavaScript Sandbox 

0 Kudos
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Formatting the popup content is a good idea.

Another thought is that it looks like you might have specified some localization in Portal/AGO? I believe this would account for the DD/MM/YYYY format. Either that or AGO is smart enough to recognize the date format of the region you are connecting from.

Set language and region—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

In the JS API app, you could try using the English (en) locale to see if the European date format persists

Localization | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.12 

Lastly, you could construct an arcade expression in the popup to display the date in a logical format.

Date Functions | ArcGIS for Developers 

BrendanCunningham1
New Contributor III

Thanks all,

I made some headway with this approach:
<script> // set locale before JSAPI is loaded dojoConfig = { locale: "ja", parseOnLoad: true }; </script>
insofar as the date format changed... but I couldn't get the proper date DD/MM/YYYY to display.

In the end I reverted to one of the other date options in the web map "December 21 1997" and that sufficed.

It's a confusing one as it doesn't seem easy to trace to an exact cause.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think as a community we need to have something like this idea

ESRI default date JSON display format across entire suite of platforms 

0 Kudos