Decode Domain

Jump to solution
05-26-2022 01:50 PM
JimmyBowden
Occasional Contributor II

Using this sample the asset group and asset type are returning the coded value and not the description.  Is this the expected behavior?  I can't think of a scenario where I would want only the coded value in the popup.  Is it my responsibility as a user of the javascript api to decode the values?  I have applied this code with my own Utility Network service and behaves in the same way.

Intro to SubtypeGroupLayer | Sample Code | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.23 | ArcGIS Developer

JimmyBowden_0-1653597357114.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JimmyBowden

@JoseBanuelos Two versions of the api have been released and this still doesn't been fixed. Has there been any progress? 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JoseBanuelos
Esri Contributor

Hi @JimmyBowden ,

Yes, this is currently a limitation with the SubtypGroupLayer. Asset Type and Asset Group should display their value descriptions and not the coded values. This is something we are working on at the moment including adding support for reading SubtypeGroupLayers from a webmap.

Thanks,
Jose

JimmyBowden

@JoseBanuelos Two versions of the api have been released and this still doesn't been fixed. Has there been any progress? 

0 Kudos
JoseBanuelos
Esri Contributor

@JimmyBowden ,
This issue currently hasn't been addressed. This feature was pushed due to the SubtypeGroupLayer work we have implemented in the last two releases. We added webmap reading support for SubtypeGroupLayer in 4.25, and we worked on editing support for this layer type for this upcoming release. 

This is an ongoing project we plan to implement this year. This will affect the entire API, since the goal is for all widgets and API components to support Subtypes, not just the popup.

And I accidentally marked your last post as a solution, so I apologize for that. I'll get that resolved.

0 Kudos
JimmyBowden

@JoseBanuelos Thanks for the update.  It is good to know that there is ongoing effort to support subtype layers.  This popup is just a simple example of a deficiency of the subtype layer.  I look forward to seeing these updates.

0 Kudos