Customized LayerList Selection

Jump to solution
05-02-2017 01:17 PM
HlynurIngólfsson
New Contributor III

Hello.

I am working with a mapservice that is built both on featureLayers and mapImageLayers and I would like the layerList tool for the service to only be applicable for the mapImageLayers, that is that only they are visible in the layerList tool and thus the only layers that can be turned on or off.

To clarify a bit then I need to have mapImageLayers as I need the "tree function" for them, that is the main layers and sublayers under them to be on-and-off selectable. I however also need to have a search function (look within the dataset that is) and a pop-up function so thus I use the featureLayers, though they are built on the same dataset as the mapImageLayers, so I just add them to the service and set opacity to '0'. Problem with this is that now both the mapImageLayers and the featureLayers appear in the layerList widget.

So maybe there is a better way to do this, where one can rely only on mapImageLayers or featureLayers for the following functionality:
layerList with a tree of sublayers.

Search function.

Nice Pop-Ups.

If so then it would be nice to get any comments on that instead/also.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Hlynur,

You will want to see this thread:

https://community.esri.com/thread/191736-layerlist-4x-hide-layer 

HlynurIngólfsson
New Contributor III

Thanks for this Robert, am I understanding correctly that you can not use the search widget with mapImageLayers then?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Hlynur,

Yes, Search widget is designed to work with Locators or FeatureLayers.