Can the Bookmark widget have tiered elements?

Jump to solution
02-13-2013 03:54 PM
MichaelSmith2
New Contributor III
Is it possible to create tiered (not sure if that is the right term) Bookmark widget so that it would expand similar to TinyDropdownMenu2 (http://www.scriptiny.com/2011/04/javascript-dropdown-menu/)? If it is possible, is there a sample I missed?

I did not notice that function in the samples, code gallery, or the forum. The reason I am asking is that I have Bookmark widgets for a couple counties and would like to have city names drop down and have individual project bookmark extents open out from the city name to make the names shorter.

To make it somewhat visual, I currently have the following structure working (default from Samples section):
-Widget
[INDENT]-City name: Project name (feature extent is here)[/INDENT]

I would like to make it:
-Widget
[INDENT]-City name[/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]- Project name (feature extent is here)[/INDENT][/INDENT]
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JianHuang
Occasional Contributor III
Michael,

Bookmark widget doesn't support this.
Bookmark probably is the simplest task of all widgets that we created. It should be fairly easy to create your own bookmark. You don't even need a widget/dijit. Just use the dropdown that you liked (the one you linked to), and associate the onclick event of those menu items to map.setExtent().

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JianHuang
Occasional Contributor III
Michael,

Bookmark widget doesn't support this.
Bookmark probably is the simplest task of all widgets that we created. It should be fairly easy to create your own bookmark. You don't even need a widget/dijit. Just use the dropdown that you liked (the one you linked to), and associate the onclick event of those menu items to map.setExtent().
0 Kudos
MichaelSmith2
New Contributor III
Thank you Jian. Just thought I would check.

- Mike
0 Kudos