can I add attributes to geometries being buffered by geometryservice?

Jump to solution
04-05-2016 11:44 AM
SebastianRoberts
Occasional Contributor III

I am using a geometry service to buffer a collection of points.  I'd like the user to be able to toggle on and off the points and associated buffer.  The bufferparameters object required by the geometryservice.buffer method takes an array of geometries as a parameter.  I tried to pass it an array of graphics instead, but this doesn't work.  Is there any way to pass in an objectID or attributes with the geometries, so that the geometries that are returned by the buffer can be associated with the original graphics?  I don't think that I can assume that the returned array has the same sort order as the passed array.  The only work around that I see is calling the buffer individually for each graphic which would mean a lot more calls to the service.

Thank you in advance,

S. Roberts

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sebastian,

Actually yes the order of the geometries are passed are maintained in the result so you can use the result order to determine which graphic it links back to.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sebastian,

Actually yes the order of the geometries are passed are maintained in the result so you can use the result order to determine which graphic it links back to.

0 Kudos