Blank map on print preview in Firefox

Jump to solution
01-21-2022 12:03 PM
AdamNull
New Contributor

I'm building an application using version 4.20.2 of the JS API. One of the requested workflows from end users was to hit Ctrl + P to bring up the print preview dialog and print out their map. This method works on all browsers except Firefox (including Windows and Mac OS).

On Firefox, the map is entirely blank in the print preview. For testing, I added a red background to the HTML Canvas element which does appear on the print preview so it seems like just the layers are not rendering. I was curious if this was a problem with my application so I went to other applications built using the JS API as well as a few apps built with the WebApp Builder. These showed the same behavior where the map did not appear on the print preview within Firefox.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @AdamNull, thanks for posting your issue here. Unfortunately, this a known limitation of the Firefox browser since the ArcGIS API for JavaScript switched to using WebGL.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @AdamNull, thanks for posting your issue here. Unfortunately, this a known limitation of the Firefox browser since the ArcGIS API for JavaScript switched to using WebGL.

0 Kudos