ArcGIS 4.17 JavaScript - Feature Layer not rendering full view

Jump to solution
11-29-2020 05:30 PM
AndrewMurdoch1
Occasional Contributor II

Good Day

We have a large view of the entire country of Sweden, and when we're zoomed out the Feature Layer isn't rendering completely.  If we zoom into smaller areas the view is correct, but at a zoomed out view it's very broken.  We've noticed the same issue in ArcGIS Online, is this a bug?

AndrewMurdoch1_0-1606699817595.png

We'd like the entire country filled in, as we have data for it, not sure what's causing this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndrewMurdoch1

It's a bug, I dropped to 4.16 and the output it right, 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
AndrewMurdoch1

It's a bug, I dropped to 4.16 and the output it right, 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @AndrewMurdoch1 , 

Can you either try out /next or provide a repro on codepen? What service are you using? Potentially I can try and see if we can squeeze this in for 4.18 if it's still broken on /next. 

0 Kudos
AndrewMurdoch1

I'll do both, won't be for a few hours, but I'll update this thread when it's ready.

Thanks for you for getting back to me.

0 Kudos
mgeorge
Esri Contributor

Ok great! (Just realized I posted with the wrong account 😅 - this is my official one)

AndrewMurdoch1

Sorry about the late reply, I tested on next and this is what rendered:

AndrewMurdoch1_0-1607443661003.png

Which is the same kind of behaviour I'm seeing with 4.17.  I'm not allowed to release the host feature layer, not my decision, sorry.   I disabled and enabled all the features and the view didn't change, I left it for a solid 5 minutes to render which about 4.5 minutes longer then it ever takes.  I noticed some errors in the console:

AndrewMurdoch1_1-1607443821846.png

Thanks

0 Kudos
mgeorge
Esri Contributor

Sorry for the late reply as well! Seems like I need to re-setup email notifications for the new site. 

Likely something is getting borked with the tile parsing, and I'll need to debug this to see what's going on... if you can't make the service public (which I get completely), is there any way I could get credentials to access somehow? 

Otherwise support is another option for this. 

0 Kudos
AndrewMurdoch1

Can someone from ESRI please comment on this? 

The memory savings with 4.17 are dramatic over 4.16, if I cycle the maps ~20 times (clicking between the tabs after the map renders), the memory usage on 4.16 will be ~1.3 GB, whereas on 4.17 it's 155 MB, as read from the memory tab, after garbage collection, in the console.

It would be nice if this problem could get resolved in 4.17 so we can make use of the memory savings.

Thanks

0 Kudos