Anyone know when the Measure Widget (2D) will be out for 4.x?

Jump to solution
07-27-2018 12:11 PM
AdamCrateau1
Occasional Contributor

We are in the middle of developing an app using 4.x and would like to know if we need to develop a custom solution ourselves.    Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JuliePowell
Esri Contributor

Yes! Measurement widgets are in 4.10; here's a blog on that topic: Measure Twice with the new 2D Measurement Widgets. Please let us know if you have any feedback.

(and I wish I could take credit but it's 100% the dev team :-)) 

View solution in original post

10 Replies
PhilLarkin1
Occasional Contributor III

Julie Powell‌ referenced the draw example in relation to this question last year. The note included in the example documentation states: A 2D measurement widget is not part of the ArcGIS 4.8 API for JavaScript. It will be added in a future release.

Measure while drawing | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.8 

0 Kudos
AdamCrateau1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Phil.

I have seen that example. I know the API team is getting closer to adding a widget for Sketching, and I'm assuming Measurement won't be far behind.  This from the SketchViewModel documentation:

SketchViewModel provides the logic for Sketch widget, which will be added in a future release. The Sketch widget will simplify the process of adding graphics to the view with minimal code.

We can certainly develop something using the sample you included as a guideline, but was curious to know if someone close to the API team has an estimate of a target date for the widget.  E.g.  if it's more than 3 months, we'll need to start developing a custom solution.

0 Kudos
PhilLarkin1

We are in the same position. My guess is it won't be available in 4.9.

0 Kudos
JuliePowell
Esri Contributor

Hi folks, the 2D measurement widget is looking good for 4.9 actually (Sept release)! I will post an update when we get closer to the release date to let you know where we are. 

AdamCrateau1
Occasional Contributor

Great News!   Thank you Julie.

0 Kudos
PhilLarkin1

Julie Powell Awesome! Thank you for the update. 

0 Kudos
RussDasta
New Contributor

Hey Julie, Any update on 4.9 release with this widget ?

0 Kudos
JuliePowell
Esri Contributor

Hi Russ, thank you for reminding me to update you guys on this. Unfortunately, we had to move the 2D measurement widget to the 4.10 (Dec) milestone in order to achieve the design/quality we wanted. 

0 Kudos
PhilLarkin1
0 Kudos