addattachment returning 500 error on all services

09-24-2015 11:26 AM
JeffPace
MVP Alum

using javascript api 3.14, i am getting

<b>Error: </b>Error parsing multi-part request<br/>

<b>Code: </b>500<br/><br/>

on all my feature services that have attachments enabled.  These services previously worked with earlier versions of the api, so I am not sure when it broke.

Any ideas? I can add attachments fine in desktop.

Data is in sde, versioned.

David Coley​, Kelly Hutchins

0 Kudos
12 Replies
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

we've got something in place with attach relates, but I think we're pulling from fgdb, I'll look into it tomorrow

0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum

appreciate it david

I just tried it straight through the rest interface.  Fails as well.  So its not a WAF, web adapter, or Javascript error.

attachment500_1.JPGattachment500_2.JPG

I tried with and without the version name. 

Attachments work fine in Desktop with the same user and version, so I dont think its an SDE issue.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Since you can repro this through the rest services directory seems like it might be a server issue instead of a JSAPI issue. Perhaps try posting this question in the ArcGIS for Server​ space?

0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum

as an additional note,

AGS is 10.3.1

SDE is still 10.2.2

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi Jeff - I sent you an email  - I think your email address has changed.  Turns out that we thus far were using attachments with a hosted feature service, so I haven't actually tried adding attachments through server yet.

0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum

Sorry for the failure to followup.

I had to remove one server from my cluster.  Once i removed it and added it back in the issue resolved itself

0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum

as I was, this was fixed, now i am getting

<head>
<title>
Error: Error parsing multi-part request</title>
<link href="https://community.esri.com/arcgis03/rest/static/main.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>
</head>

Again.  Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

what are you trying to do Jeff, add attachments through the editor dijit in the api?

0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum

yes but i also tried adding them directly through the rest api.

0 Kudos