4.19 UniqueValueRenderer.removeUniqueValueInfo Bug

Jump to solution
06-30-2021 02:34 PM
JoelBennett
MVP Regular Contributor

The value property of a UniqueValueInfo instance can be either a String or a Number, as documented.  Therefore, the documentation also indicates that the removeUniqueValueInfo method of the UniqueValueRenderer class accepts either a String or a Number.  However, this method will not remove UniqueValueInfo instances if their value property has a numeric value, regardless of whether you pass a String or a Number to the function.

The reason for this can be seen inside the definition of the removeUniqueValueInfo function:

for (let b = 0; b < this.uniqueValueInfos.length; b++)
    if (this.uniqueValueInfos[b].value === a + "") {
        delete this._valueInfoMap[a];
        this.uniqueValueInfos.splice(b, 1);
        break
    }

In the "if" statement of line 2 above, the variable "a" contains the value passed into the function.  In this same line, if the left-hand side of the comparison is a Number, then the result will always be false, because the identity/strictly equals operator (===) is used, and the right-hand side will always be a String.

My fix for 4.19 is to make the following change in the init.js file (assuming a locally hosted API):

Search For:

if(this.uniqueValueInfos[N].value===S+"")

Replace With:

if(this.uniqueValueInfos[N].value+""===S+"")

Note, I've verified the same problem goes back at least as far as 4.16, but this fix is specific to 4.19.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for your patience with this issue @JoelBennett. I can confirm that this will be fixed at version 4.28, which is due out in a few weeks.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for reporting this @JoelBennett. I can reproduce the issue. We'll investigate.

0 Kudos
JoelBennett
MVP Regular Contributor

The definition of removeUniqueValueInfo was modified in 4.25, but this bug continues to exist...

0 Kudos
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for your patience with this issue @JoelBennett. I can confirm that this will be fixed at version 4.28, which is due out in a few weeks.

JoelBennett
MVP Regular Contributor

Thank you @Noah-Sager, I have found it to be fixed in 4.28.  If you'd like a couple easy kills for the next release, these two are still open:

Despite the name of that first one involving 4.26, it applies to 4.27 and 4.28 too.