4.0 Beta 2 Release Date?

Jump to solution
10-23-2015 01:03 PM
MichaelLakey
New Contributor III

I seem to remember hearing that the next beta for the JavaScript API might be slated for "release" sometime in the Fall.  Is there an idea when 4.0 Beta 2 will be available to the public?  Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.0 beta 2 is still planned for public release this "Fall" - so before the end of November

View solution in original post

9 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Mike,

I believe that it is out already. It is still beta but you can use it.

ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.0 beta 1 - available today | ArcGIS Blog

Samples Overview | ArcGIS API for JavaScript

0 Kudos
JeffJacobson
Occasional Contributor III

The question was about when 4.0 Beta 2 will be released, though. Beta 2 isn't out yet.

0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.0 beta 2 is still planned for public release this "Fall" - so before the end of November

JeffPace
MVP Alum

running out of November Bjorn Svensson

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

Beta 2 has already been released:

JSAPI 4.0 beta 2 released November 19, 2015

JeffPace
MVP Alum

Bjorn Svensson

Will beta 2 have more of the underlying elements ported? I will love to start migrating my app, but we so heavily rely on elements such as domUtils, IdentityManager, etc.. that it is difficult to even get started

0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, 4.0 beta 2 will have more of the underlying elements (e.g. IdentityManager). It will not have all. If your current application works well, and you don't have a need for something that is only available in 4.x (but not 3.x), then I would recommend holding off until the functionality you need is there.

JeffPace
MVP Alum

It does work well, but we have so much to port we cant really wait, otherwise we will be to far behind when its released.

JoshHevenor
Occasional Contributor II