Viewing Attachments in Flex Api 3.0

07-25-2012 11:52 PM
DilipWagh
New Contributor
I have enabled attachments in the sde database and can upload files to the database through the flex viewer, but cannot view these files within the flex viewer. When attempting to view these files I get an error 500 message(below). I can view them using the Attachment manager in ArcMap, so I know they have uploaded. Is there a configuration issue in the front end I need to add/enable, to enable viewing through the flex viewer. The resultant error is received in all browsers.

http://**********/ArcGIS/rest/services/DataCollection/FeatureServer/2/450/attachments/9
Error
Server Error - The remote name could not be resolved: 'smdserver'

Code: 500

Any assistance is greatly appreciated
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RamaChintapalli
Esri Contributor
Do you see the attachment at the REST end point when you query the feature through REST ?
0 Kudos
DilipWagh
New Contributor
Do you see the attachment at the REST end point when you query the feature through REST ?

Hi Rama, Sorry I am new to this so don't understand, what you mean, however, I can see an icon of the uploaded file, just cannot open it, I get the error message detailed above, do I need to make some changes in IIS or do I need to configure the service in some way to enable viewing attachments, as mentioned, these attachments upload, and I can view them in ArcMap etc.

../ArcGIS/rest/services/DataCollection/FeatureServer/2/458/attachments/14 - is the url, but this gives me the error message.

Regards
0 Kudos
RamaChintapalli
Esri Contributor
Can you provide a screenshot of the error or HTTP response using fiddler/firebug ?
0 Kudos