Using ownership-based access control.

Jump to solution
07-17-2014 05:00 PM
MiguelMartinez1
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm, trying to implement ownership-based access control, I confirudes my Feature server and it works perfect from rest directory(Login form appears correctly).

When I try to access to my FeatureServer (secured) from rest directory(".../arcgis/rest/services/Edit/Editing/FeatureServer/0") from Web Browser I had to use my User/password, this is fine and works great, when I execute submit from rest using user/password I CAN see password value encrypted and then I can view my FeatureServer.

My problem, I'm trying to use an example using Flex (Edit secure service—ArcGIS API for Flex | ArcGIS for Developers) using my FeatureServer(secured),

I have customized my login window using

IdentityManager.instance.signInWindowClass= mySkins.supportClasses.customSignInWindow;

IdentityManager.instance.enabled = true;

My problem is that I can NOT ENCRYPT PASSWORD value(it's visible when post executes), I thought that was just my code, I saw original

example and it works on the same way(PASSWORD is visible without encryption).

Any ideas? How can I encrypt password in Flex app just like when I access from Web Browser using my url:

".../arcgis/rest/services/Edit/Editing/FeatureServer/0"?

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor

It's recommended to enable SSL to secure the traffic from your Flex application to your server.

See:

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor

Where is it visible? Are you using HTTPS?

0 Kudos
MiguelMartinez1
New Contributor II

Hi Dasa Paddock,

It's visible on rest directory from web browser(not using HTTPS) at:

http://MyServer:6080/arcgis/rest/services/Edit/Editing/FeatureServer/0

when I navigate to URL page asks for user/password, when I click Login button password value is encrypted

Thanks!

0 Kudos
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor

It's recommended to enable SSL to secure the traffic from your Flex application to your server.

See:

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

0 Kudos
MiguelMartinez1
New Contributor II

Ok,

Reading the link...and I'll try.

Thank you!

0 Kudos