Show 360 panorama photos in flex

12-29-2010 11:46 PM
NikolaNikolic
New Contributor
Hi to all,
How can I show georeferenced 360 photos from arcgis server (java support version). I couldn't find
any flex panorama viewer but I found some java applets that works for me but the problem is getting image form server when I click on esri flex map. How to integrate it with arcgis server? How to get photo from arcis server?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
ZahidChaudhry
Occasional Contributor III
create a graphic layer/feature layer from server showing all the points and then pull the particular picture by clicking the point...it is simple but you have to do some database work first..
0 Kudos
NikolaNikolic
New Contributor
Thank you for your reply but I need more information.When I click point on the map that represent 360 image how to get that image? Is it by using reverse geocoding? What type of service to create on arc gis server of that images?. I'm am just flex/java programmer and I am not farmiliar with arcgis server very well.
0 Kudos
ZahidChaudhry
Occasional Contributor III
Thank you for your reply but I need more information.When I click point on the map that represent 360 image how to get that image? Is it by using reverse geocoding? What type of service to create on arc gis server of that images?. I'm am just flex/java programmer and I am not farmiliar with arcgis server very well.

store lat/long and image locations URL in a database. Then query that data and generate a point graphic layer dynamically. Associate click event to point and use the image Location URL to display image in an info window.
you do not need to publish anything to arcgis server...
0 Kudos
NikolaNikolic
New Contributor
Now I get it. Thank you.
0 Kudos
anthonyzzanthonyzz
New Contributor
Now I get it. Thank you.

I am having the similar curiosity as yours on the panorama before. Have your heard of UI panorama control, I read some tutorials for panorama controls several days ago, seems to be very interesting on how to create panorama effects.
0 Kudos
raffia
by
New Contributor II
Hello;

What I suggest is creating a point feature class. Then you will add the points in all locations graphically in Arc Map. Each point will store the panorama URL source (HTML or Flash or Quicktime). In your application, you will query this point layer, and load the url source into an FLV component inside flash builder.

You can find an app that uses panoramas on top of a map here:
http://www.digitaleg.com/Digital_Egypt/El-Rehab/GIS/RehabEnglish.html
0 Kudos