Printing tables to pdf along with map

10-03-2013 08:45 PM
IrisGreen
New Contributor
Hello Everyone,

I need to print tables generated using a query along with the Map in "pdf" format such that they are auto arranged in the white
space on the map.
I am looking for any suggestion using flex which can help me do this.

Thanks in Advance.

Iris
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
19 Replies
AaronNash1
Occasional Contributor II
I was able to accomplish this using AlivePDF, it is an open source PDF printing API. You can take any of the columns of a datagrid and publish that into a PDF report. You can also take display features (like a map) and print them as images in the report. I attached two sample reports, one is a list out of a datagrid, the other is an inspection report and shows a map. When pulling data from a datagrid it honors the sort.
0 Kudos
PaulHastings1
Occasional Contributor
we use coldfusion + iText for this server side. we build the attribute tables dynamically, measure their sizes once the tables are filled w/data, then merge them w/the PDF map document produced by the AGS print task, sticking what fits in the map's white space & dumping what doesn't onto supplemental pages. iText gives you an insane amount of control, coldfusion lets us glue this altogether more easily.

i suppose anything server side that can talk to java or c# an be used w/iText (it has java & c# versions).

we've tried purePDF (partial AS3 port of iText) & alivePDf client side but we found these too slow & lacking some functionality.
0 Kudos
IrisGreen
New Contributor
Thank You Folks!! Will look into you suggestions.
0 Kudos
PamTurner
New Contributor III
I was able to accomplish this using AlivePDF, it is an open source PDF printing API. You can take any of the columns of a datagrid and publish that into a PDF report. You can also take display features (like a map) and print them as images in the report. I attached two sample reports, one is a list out of a datagrid, the other is an inspection report and shows a map. When pulling data from a datagrid it honors the sort.

Hi Aaron - I am trying to do something almost identical to what you shared with your Test.PDF document. I have implemented similar things on the .NET side, but trying to output this from the flex API is stumping me. Anyway you could share some code?

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
AaronNash1
attached is the code I used in my application. Any questions let me know
0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis
Occasional Contributor III
Hello Paul. Would you mid sharing the source code in CF? Thanks.

we use coldfusion + iText for this server side. we build the attribute tables dynamically, measure their sizes once the tables are filled w/data, then merge them w/the PDF map document produced by the AGS print task, sticking what fits in the map's white space & dumping what doesn't onto supplemental pages. iText gives you an insane amount of control, coldfusion lets us glue this altogether more easily.

i suppose anything server side that can talk to java or c# an be used w/iText (it has java & c# versions).

we've tried purePDF (partial AS3 port of iText) & alivePDf client side but we found these too slow & lacking some functionality.
0 Kudos
MGSethe
New Contributor II
attached is the code I used in my application. Any questions let me know

Hi ,
Has anyone tried to include the Legend using this code?
I need to include the Legend on the map, but no luck .Please help.
0 Kudos
PaulHastings1
Occasional Contributor
Hello Paul. Would you mid sharing the source code in CF? Thanks.

oops didn't see this until just now. sorry no, its the clients. but if you have specific questions i can probably whip up generic cf code.
0 Kudos
AaronNash1
Hi ,
Has anyone tried to include the Legend using this code?
I need to include the Legend on the map, but no luck .Please help.

I ran a quick test and it is possible using alivePDF, just add your legend as a component to the map and you can use the addimage property in alivePDf to add the legend as an image to the report.
0 Kudos