Load layers from SDE without Map service using JSON format

07-11-2010 04:53 AM
SenthilSengodan
New Contributor II
hi,

Anyone have idea to load  features directly into flexviewer from ArcSDE feature class without using Map service?

thnaks
sen
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ReneRubalcava
Frequent Contributor
Depending on the size of the dataset you want to bring over, you could use the query tool on the REST page to get the data in JSON format and then use FeatureSet.convertFromJSON method to add to your application.
http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/flex/apiref/com/esri/ags/FeatureSet.html#convertFromJSON()

I do this for some small sets of data for testing purposes. It won't be feasible for a large dataset though, just too much info to parse.
0 Kudos
SenthilSengodan
New Contributor II
thanks for your repaly.

will you use Geodata service for the data retrival ? Because i have get data direcly from database without Mapservice i mean iwthout MXD creation for the data. the data layer or not fixed in my case.
0 Kudos
ReneRubalcava
Frequent Contributor
Hmm, not sure about that one. The Map Service REST would pull the geometries for you. If you are not using an MXD, you'd need to write a Web Service of some sort using ArcObjects to get accesss to those geometries. Haven't tried that specific scenario though.
0 Kudos