In what file - and how - to set widget opening positions

08-09-2010 08:44 AM
JustinRiggs
New Contributor
I'm sure this is simple, but I'm having a hard time figuring out seemingly simple things in this new (to me) environment.

I'm trying to set opening positions for all my widgets so that as the user opens them, they don't overlap and the page layout remains attractive. I've figured out how to change their width and height, but I can't figure out where or how I set their opening position.

Again, I know this is simple, but I appreciate the help.

Justin
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Justin,

Assuming that you are talking about the Flexviewer2.0 than the widget position is set in the config.xml that you are using by setting the x="50" y="100" for each widget.
0 Kudos
JustinRiggs
New Contributor
Justin,

Assuming that you are talking about the Flexviewer2.0 than the widget position is set in the config.xml that you are using by setting the x="50" y="100" for each widget.

Robert,

Yes, I was referring to FV2; I'll start specifying that in my posts from now on. Also, it worked (of course). You don't have to take the time to answer this, but maybe somebody at ESRI could: why do I have to go to 3 or 4 different files to set the properties of one widget? I've got to go to one to skin it, one to style it, one to set its position, etc... at this point, it's a headache. Maybe it won't be so bad once I've played around awhile longer.
0 Kudos
DonCaviness
New Contributor III
I am trying to position a widget with widgetcontainer layout="float" but I am having an issue (a possible bug).  I can set the starting position using xy but I want to use top, right, left, etc.  When I put in top="200", right="20" nothing happens.  Do you know why the code is not recognizing the top and right parameters?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Don,

If I recall correctly that is an error that the team is aware of and fixing.
0 Kudos
JeremyMoore
New Contributor
Don,

If I recall correctly that is an error that the team is aware of and fixing.

Anybody know if this has been fixed yet?
0 Kudos
DonCaviness
New Contributor III
Is there a work around for this or do we just have to wait until the new release?
0 Kudos
AnshulMantri1
New Contributor
HI Robert,

I m using flex viewer 1.3 and i want to position my widget at a particular x,y. How do i achieve this. In Flex viewer 2.x we can amend the x and y position in the config file, but how do we achieve the same in version 1.3 ?

Thanks & Regards
Anshul
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Anshul,

Wow it has been a long time since I even thought about theSample Flex Viewer 1.3... I think that you have to set each widget's XY in the main widget mxml file like this:

<BaseWidget    xmlns                ="com.esri.solutions.flexviewer.*" 
            xmlns:mx            ="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"
            x                    ="600" 
            y                    ="220" 
            widgetConfigLoaded    ="init()">
0 Kudos
RuiShen
New Contributor III
I am trying to position a widget with widgetcontainer layout="float" but I am having an issue (a possible bug).  I can set the starting position using xy but I want to use top, right, left, etc.  When I put in top="200", right="20" nothing happens.  Do you know why the code is not recognizing the top and right parameters?

Don,
I believe this issue has been fixed in our new Flex Viewer 2.5.
Check it out~
0 Kudos