Identify Widget - not seeing all layers

01-06-2011 10:54 AM
WilliamBall1
New Contributor
I installed the Identify Widget today and having difficulty getting it to identify features of some layers.  It will identify some features in both base and operational layers, but not all.  For instance, whether "onlythese" property is true or false, the features in the Manholes layer below cannot be identified, whereas the Water Main Lines works as expected with the widget. Is there something about the way my services are configured that would create this behavior?

<layers onlythese="false">
  <layer>
   <name>Water Main Lines</name>
   <fields>MATERIAL,MAIN LINE SIZE,TYPE,JOINT TYPE,DATE INSTALLED,DEPTH,LOCATEWIRE,GROUND SURFACE,LOCATION DESCRIPTION,COMMENTS</fields>
   <linkfield></linkfield>
   <linkprefix></linkprefix>
   <linksuffix></linksuffix>
   <iconfield></iconfield>
   <iconprefix></iconprefix>
   <iconsuffix></iconsuffix>
   <zoomscale>15000</zoomscale>
   <forcescale>true</forcescale>
  </layer>
  <layer>
   <name>Manholes</name>
   <fields>MANHOLE ID,MATERIAL,DEPTH,RIM ELEVATION,INVERT IN,INVERT OUT</fields>
   <linkfield></linkfield>
   <linkprefix></linkprefix>
   <linksuffix></linksuffix>
   <iconfield></iconfield>
   <iconprefix></iconprefix>
   <iconsuffix></iconsuffix>
   <zoomscale>15000</zoomscale>
   <forcescale>true</forcescale>
  </layer>
</layers>

Thanks!

Bill Ball
Special Projects Manager
Fort Lewis college
Durango, CO
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
WilliamBall1
New Contributor
Thanks, Robert, the new infoTemplate looks like something I can use--especially with the ability to open related data.  Thanks for all your work!
0 Kudos
BartHound
New Contributor
I think you should teach a class at the Esri UC.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Bart,

I most likely will be giving a presentation at the ESRI Developer conference in Palm Spring. I don't go to the UC any more as the developer conference is more geared for me as a developer.
0 Kudos
BartHound
New Contributor
Bart,

I most likely will be giving a presentation at the ESRI Developer conference in Palm Spring. I don't go to the UC any more as the developer conference is more geared for me as a developer.

Thats too bad for a lot of us, perhaps I will put in for the Dev Summit for next year.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

A new version of the identify widget is now available.

* 2.2.3 - Identify by point/line/extent/polygon are all now supported
- Info window will appear at the center of identified geometry now if returngeometryforzoom is set to true in xml file.
if returngeometryforzoom is true, when you mouse over a record the geometry for that particular record is drawn using the symbology defined in the xml
- The symbology used by the draw tools is now user defined in the xml
- Fixed an issues with link icon if prefix or suffix is supplied and a empty field.
0 Kudos