How to insert image inside map container and not as a separate panel

05-29-2013 06:37 AM
DavidBoiano
Occasional Contributor
Hello,

I am convinced there must be a way to do this because this sample shows it in action:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-api/samples/index.html#/Display_popups_programmatically/01n...

I believe the difference between my application and this sample is that I have a VerticalLayout tag set for the application level of my application.  I have a border container at the top, then the map, then another border container at the bottom which hosts an attribute table.  If I add the <s:Image> in between Map and BorderContainer, I get another panel of the image and all white space to the right. I would like the image to overlay the map in a set location as in the sample above. How can this be accomplished? Is there some sort of override function for the layout that can be used?

Thanks!

David
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DavidBoiano
Occasional Contributor
I'm not sure if this is the correct way, but I solved the issue by removing the application level layout and using absolute layout positionnig for all the containters.
0 Kudos
CaseyBentz
Occasional Contributor II
You could put your map and image in a layoutless container like group or border container.
<bordercontainer>
</bordercontainer>
<group>
<map>
<image>
</group>
<bordercontainer>
</bordercontainer>
0 Kudos